Middle East University is a non-profit educational institution that charges moderate fees and therefore offers very affordable tuition and services. As a non-profit institution MEU focus is on academic value and quality of the learning environment as its strongest assets.
Download the PDF version of Tuition & Fees 2017-2018
- The ACA program tuition and fees vary based on the services provided by ACA.
- Applicants from outside Lebanon must pay a security deposit in advance with a notarized affidavit of support. Once this document and the deposit are received along with the application form, the University considers the student for admission and the admitted student will be issued an acceptance letter. The deposit is held until the student’s enrollment at the University is terminated and can then be credited for the final semester of registration.
- Non-Lebanese students are insured by the University and are charged a medical insurance fee upon registration.
- Please note that the processing cost for a student visa is approximately $350. Students who wish to have MEU process their visa will be billed this amount by MEU at the time of the visa application, and will be responsible for any additional charges should they occur.
At the beginning of each semester students are expected to pay the registration fee and settle on the terms of a financial plan for the total tuition and fees for that semester to be agreed between the MEU Business Office and the University’s bank services.
The University reserves the right to make changes necessitated by unexpected circumstances. Such changes are announced before the semester in which they become effective. Below is a list of other financial information:
- Every applicant must pay the application fee before the Admissions Committee will consider the application.
- At the time of registration, every student will be charged a registration fee. If registration is not completed within the assigned published days, the student will be charged a late registration fee for every day he/she is late.
- If applicable an examination fee is required for examinations such as the English Entrance Examination (EEE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), English Placement Test (EPT), Math Placement Test (MPT), make-up tests, make-up examinations, waiver examinations.
- Every student is charged a flat development fee to be used for campus improvement.
- Students who use cars to commute to the University must register their cars each semester with the Business Office and pay the parking fee.
- Upon registration, all undergraduate students become members of the Middle East University Student Association (MEUSA). The funds of the student association fee.The funds are used for student projects and student publications.
- MEU charges an Information Technology fee.
- Computer Science, Information Systems and Graphics Design majors are charged an additional software license fee.
- As required by the Lebanese law Lebanese nationals are charged annually the Medical Branch fee of the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and international students are insured by the University and are charged a medical insurance fee upon registration
- Courses taken for audit are charged at 50% of regular tuition.