The institution was first established in 1939 as the Adventist College of Beirut. Moving to its current location in 1946, it was renamed Middle East College and in 2001 it was formally renamed Middle East University.
Comprised of Four Faculties
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Philosophy and Theology
MEU also offers a Freshman Program, a Foreign External Degree Program, an Intensive English Program, and an Arabic Language Program.
We are proud to have students and staff representing over 20 countries from throughout the world.
Accreditation and Partnership
The university is accredited by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Learning. As well, the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AAA) has granted tertiary status to Middle East University. Also, MEU has an international partnership with Griggs University located in Michigan, USA.
MEU is one of 107 Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities located throughout the world. As part of this vast network, students of MEU have many possibilities of pursuing further study throughout the world.
A complete list of affiliated schools and their locations can be viewed on our denominational website by clicking here.
Location and Campus
MEU is located on 30 hectares of peaceful, green hillside, boasting a breathtaking view overlooking the city of Beirut and the Mediterranean Sea.
Quality and recently remodled on-campus dormitory facilities are available to students. A cafeteria is availble to on and off campus students throughout the day featuring a video game corner and a ping-pong table. Courts for basketball, tennis, volleyball, and soccer are located next to the main campus parking lot and are readily available for student and community member use.
MEU campus is also home to a television and radio station which employ several students on a part-time basis. Music classes through Prestige Music School are also hosted on campus.
The George Arthur Keough Library located on the top floor of University Hall has about 18,000 volumes and provides a quiet and comfortable environment for students to research and study.