Middle East University offers Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs to reduce the financial burdens on students. The Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs include Needs-Based Financial Aid, Merit Scholarship, Work Study Program, and Family Discount.
Terms and Process
The financial aid is offered in compliance with the eligibility conditions set out below:
- Financial aid is granted for one academic year for the Needs-Based Financial Aid, and then students must renew their application each year.
- Other Financial Aid are granted each semester or otherwise specified under the conditions of each Financial Aid category.
- The financial aid online application should be submitted on the dates announced by the Financial Aid Committee.
- Only complete applications will be processed. An application is considered incomplete when information is missing in the application and/or not all required documents are submitted.
- Each student must enroll in the minimum number of credits determined for each Financial Aid and Scholarship Program and keep the minimum number of credits throughout the semester, meet the criteria of each Financial Aid category, to benefit from any type of Financial Aid or Scholarship.
- Students will not be able to benefit from Financial Aid if they fail or withdraw two courses or more for the program.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available only to students who are not on academic probation.
- The Financial Aid/Scholarship are not cumulative; students are granted the higher one at the time of registration. Exception: Family Discount and Work Study Program which could be cumulated.
- For Sponsored Students, Financial aid and scholarships will be granted under a cascading system (on remaining balance of tuition only after external funding: e.g. sponsorship, educational subsidy, etc.).
- The Andrews University program fee is not included as part of the MEU Financial Aid.
- Financial aid and scholarships are limited to funds available.
- MEU reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any presented document or information submitted.
- Applications are welcome at any time of the year and responses will be provided within two weeks from the application date. For Fall Semester, priority will be given to applications received before May 31. For Spring semester, priority will be given to applications received before October 31.
- Students may apply to more than one Financial Aid category.